Monday, April 11, 2011

The Rape of Youth


No, this isn't a rip-off of Pan's Labyrinth, although that movie was awesome and I'd like to put a mandrake under my mother's bed also just to freak her out.
But explaining the drawing isn't really tasteful so I'll just leave it to you guys what it means. Just check out the boner of the "guy"--that's my favorite part.

In other news, I applied for Theater Arts as my minor in school (my major is Communications btw) and i got in!!!
So anyway, these are the revised album art for my friend's band. The first one, the rhinos, were rejected because it wasn't wild enough. So it took me a long time to decide what "wild" could be. I made sketches of fat people eating babies, I made a sketch of the Virgin Mary crying blood with vampire fangs with an Ipod, but I was scared that people might find them too wild and insane. So I tried to keep it cool but still macabre by drawing a half-beast half-man with an erection about to rape a girl. I have a full insight about it, but as I said, explaining your own art is kinda pointless, reminds me of one of the literary concepts we took in school, "the author doesn't exist once the material is in the reader's hands." The interpretation is subject.

Here are the other tamer sketches, but they're kinda fug. I made an initial sketch of the heart, then did it again, cleaner and surer this time.  

  

1 comment:

  1. I loved Pan's Labyrinth too! I like that drawing though. It leaves a lot to the mind for interpretation. Also, congrats on getting into the theatre arts program!

    ReplyDelete