Friday, April 8, 2011

Noah was a Demi-Alien


In school, I've always thought differently from my classmates; I act differently, I like different things, probably I even look different. Maybe it's because of my extra pair of arms, but I move them at the speed of light sometimes so they won't be seen and I can fit in....haha
They think I'm strange but nonetheless still accept me because:
A. I'm cute
B. They're used to it
C. Both A and B
D. I'm kidding. 

Well anyway, I guess I got it from my family. My sister's a hippie and my mom's a feminist. I have another sister though, but we'll get to her later.
I even remember my oldest sister sharing a book of paintings with me, when I was 11, about demons which fascinated me so much; and my mom telling me odd stories like Rumplestiltskin, Rip Van Winkle and even Beowulf instead of the usual fairy tales. (I also grew up with books instead of toys, plus I had no one to play with).
In fact, a few moments ago, my mom passed by my room to tell me that she was going to see my sister the next day. Let me finish. She also mentioned that Noah, from Noah's ark (duh), was a demi-alien.
Well the idea of Noah being a demi-alien, I guess, synthesizes my stream of thought with generally about everything--my philosophy, my drawings, etc. Man pompously assumes that he knows everything about everything because of his accumulated knowledge from history and other supplements like technology when in fact there's a googolplex of googolplexes of ideas we can't even fathom. Sometimes even technology hinders us from other sources of knowledge because of its objectivity and its nature of being sterile. We become indifferent to other possibilities.
So basically that's the thesis of my work/philosophy: the unusual and not obvious.
It's not that I'm delusional or hopelessly idealistic, I just like to believe that there are other things in life that we're oblivious to and it's only in our unconscious that we become conscious to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment