Friday, April 8, 2011

badak api

Hi guys, so this is one of the reject drawings I made for a friend's album art. He thought it wasn't wild enough and he thinks I can do more. I guess it's true. I'm just afraid that if I wild-en it out, it might insult people's sensibilities. So, for this one, I toned it down but still tried to make it bad-ass. And what's more bad-ass than a rhino smoking a Marlboro?

 Here's the other drawing I made, which I'm in love with. It's called "Flight of the Rhinoceros" named after one of their songs. Another reject, which hurt a little, but whatever, I'm still willing to make another once the juice kicks in.  

By the way,  the term "badak api," in Malay, was used to call rhinos. Badak referring to rhino, and api to fire. And it was said that the animal would come when a fire is lit in the forest and stamp it out. So there you go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment